There are numerous reasons why one should make the wise decision to adopt a dog, the first of which is that one gets to save a life by choosing to adopt a dog. In the United States of America only, more than two million dogs are available for adoption on a yearly basis. The main reason why so many dogs are available for adoption is there are many individuals who give up their pets to animal shelters, and the number of individuals who go to shelters to adopt a dog is small. Unfortunately, many animal shelters do not have enough space to house the pets comfortably and sometimes do not even have enough resources to take care of the pets. These reasons sometimes push animal shelters to tight corners and cause them to eliminate some of the pets that have not been adopted. If more people came up and adopted the dogs, fewer animals would be eliminated or tortured by those who adopt them for weird reasons.
The other reason why one should adopt a dog is that when one adopts a dog from an animal shelter, he or she not only gets to save money but also gets to adopt healthy dogs. There is a common misconception that animals found in animal shelters usually have something wrong with them. The fact is there are numerous reasons that may make one give up a pet to an animal shelter. However, this is not necessarily because the animal is injured or has a certain fault. Animal rescue centers usually concentrate on bringing up animals in the healthiest way that they can to make it easy for one to adopt a dog, should one choose to take the dog home. The shelters also regularly examine the pets and vaccinate them accordingly and regularly, and they pay close attention to the pets to ensure they are in their best health. In relation to cost, it is usually much cheaper to purchase a pet from an animal rescue center than it is to purchase a pet from a pet store or any other store.
Another important reason why one should adopt a dog for a pet is that pets have been shown to improve the mood of their owners. Instead of feeling lonely and moody, one should adopt a dog because the dog will give the owner unconditional love and therefore help one to psychologically feel better. Dogs are also great when it comes to improving the physical health of their owners. Scientists have shown that spending time with one’s dog can significantly lower one’s blood pressure and lower one’s cholesterol levels. Activities such as walking the dog or even grooming the pet provide the owner with physical activity, which in turn can help the individual strengthen the heart and bone tissues. Simply stated, dogs are not just pets but are beneficial in many ways.
Tips on writing a persuasive essay about Adopting a Dog:
1. Define what audience your essay is directed to; whether most of your audience.
2. Make sure your argument is definite.
3. Research your topic about adopting a dog well. To make your claim stronger, your arguments should be clear and supported be real examples.
You can easily buy an essay online from experts at AdvancedWriters.com. You will get a superior-quality custom persuasive essay written from scratch!
0.00 avg. rating (0% score) - 0 votes
Back to blogOct 3, 2014
Filed under: Sample Papers — Tags: persuasive essays — Joan Young @ 7:37 am
Why Adopt a Pet from a Shelter or Rescue?
Loving pets of all sizes and shapes are waiting in animal shelters, hoping to find a permanent home. Shelter animals can make wonderful, life-long companions if only given the chance. People often think shelters contain only the "rejects", that is, pets who have a health or behavior problem. But in reality, shelters are filled with wonderful pets who would like nothing more a chance at a happy life, and their own family to share it with. Here are several great reasons to make adopting a pet from a shelter your first choice.
- Shelters have all types of pets: purebreds, mixed breeds, big and small pets ... puppies and kittens, adult pets, even senior pets who are there through no fault of their own. Shelters check all incoming pets and make sure they are seen by a vet, are are in suitable condition and ready for their new homes.
- The adoption fee is is a great bargain. First, shelter pets are far less expensive than those you would find at a pet store or at a breeder. Yes, there is an adoption fee -- but for this fee, pets are typically given a health exam, vaccinated, dewormed, and spay/neuter surgery is usually included as part of the cost. Many times other extras are included as well, such as a municipal license, pet insurance, coupons for pet supplies, and other goodies. Plus you have support and guidance from shelter staff if you have questions.
- Shelter pets make wonderful companions. Pets enter the shelter for a wide variety of reasons, and through no fault of their own. Some have never had a home, others were abandoned or surrendered by their previous owners. Some are the victims of divorce, illness, allergies, a new baby, inexperienced owners, a move that didn't include them, and many other reasons.
Most shelter pets are loving animals who are grateful to have a second chance at a happy life. That doesn't mean they're perfect -- all pets need time, love, and a chance to understand what is expected of them. Shelter pets can and do bond with their new owners, and become devoted and loving family pets.
- You save a life while also helping to combat pet overpopulation. A sad fact of life is that there are far too many homeless pets than there are loving homes to care for them. When you adopt from a shelter, you save a life and free up a cage for another needy animal waiting to be adopted. Your money goes towards running the shelter, pet education, and spay/neuter surgery. Plus you gain a loving companion too!
Adopting a pet from a shelter need not be the scary or risky choice it's sometimes made out to be. Millions of people have adopted shelter pets! These pets have thrived, loved and been loved by the people who have given them the chance they needed. Adopt, don't shop!