3A set of tickets, stamps, matches, samples of cloth, etc., bound together.
- ‘A book of first class stamps and a letter of apology was the scant compensation offered to a woman who claimed her mail had been stolen.’
- ‘Season ticket holders are being urged to bring their entire season ticket books with them to ensure entry to the ground.’
- ‘Instead, it was as if the models were swathed in giant fabric sample books, each layer peeling off to reveal another beneath.’
- ‘Sample books were purchased for the teachers to read based on their preferences.’
- ‘In addition to the student samples, items are also sampled into test books.’
- ‘It's just, when you go out into the woods you should carry a book of matches, or some waterproof matches.’
- ‘Junior season ticket books cost £25 for home and away games plus cup competitions.’
- ‘Once, when he was driving with his fiancée, a traffic policeman stopped him and took out a ticket book.’
- ‘He scribbled his address and Com number on the back of a book of matches and gave it to her.’
- ‘Those who can write in with the correct guess win a book of stamps!’
- ‘If you feel you can support the club by selling a few books of tickets please don't hesitate to contact any committee or club member.’
- ‘Leagues of volunteers will start working the room selling books of Grand Raffle tickets.’
- ‘Perry specialised in making books of matches (advertising bars or restaurants, for example).’
- ‘At our local wallpaper store they gave me several large sample books of discounted wallpaper.’
- ‘Current rules allow a passenger to carry two lighters and four books of matches.’
- ‘They have books of pictures and samples that you can look through there, and they can do it all.’
- ‘What to do when you are suddenly faced with a wall of wallpaper sample books at your local retail store?’
- ‘It was then that he remembered the book of matches in his pocket, and drew it out.’
- ‘He sits again, pulls a book of matches out of his pocket, strikes one and holds it out toward me.’
- ‘All completed ticket books and sponsorship should be returned to the organising committee immediately.’
Aspirants who prepare for competitive exams like UPSC Civil Services Exam in mediums other than English had often struggled due to lack of quality books on many subjects. But this challenge is now rightly addressed by Oxford University Press (OUP) through their new titles and translations in Indian languages like Hindi and Bengali.
‘Paryavaran Evam Paristhitiki’ (पर्यावरण एवं पारिस्थितिकी)
Paryavaran Evam Paristhitiki is the Hindi version of the best-selling book ‘Environmental Studies: From Crisis to Cure’ written by R. Rajagopalan and published by Oxford University Press. Aspirants can now buy the Hindi edition of the book as well as the English edition of the book online from Amazon.
About Oxford University Press (OUP)
Oxford University Press (OUP) is the largest university press in the world and has published a lot of best-selling books. Many of the books published by OUP like India’s ancient past by R. S Sharma, Certificate Physical and Human Geography by Goh Cheng Leong and Oxford Atlas are all-time favourites of UPSC aspirants.
Other useful books by OUP for UPSC aspirants
‘Paryavaran Evam Paristhitiki’ – Contents and Features
The book covers the ecology/environment topics of the preliminary and main examinations.
R. Rajagopalan has dealt with many hot topics and environmental issues like runaway growth, imperilled ecosystems, disappearing forests, endangered species, dwindling natural resources, dangerous toxic wastes, green laws etc.
More than 80 real-life case studies are illustrated, and this is a real-value addition for those who prepare for UPSC CSE Mains. Not only problems are highlighted but solutions are also discussed. Also, successes and failures of different approaches are covered.
There are 8 units and 20 chapters. There is a special chapter on Disaster Management.
In the end, a glossary of important terms related to Environment and Ecology is given. This would be useful for a last-minute revision.
पुस्तक की विशेषताएँ
- जलवायु परिवर्तन से संबद्ध विषयों पर प्रकाश
- 80 वास्तविक घटनाओं/अध्ययनों पर आधारित
- वैकल्पिक प्रश्नोत्तर
- यू.पी.एस.ई. प्रांरभिक परीक्षा के लिए प्रश्न बैंक (उत्तर सहित)
How to buy Environmental Studies book by Oxford University Press
Review of 'Paryavaran Evam Paristhitiki'
Book Title: 'Paryavaran Evam Paristhitiki'
Book Description: Paryavaran Evam Paristhitiki is the Hindi version of the best-selling book 'Environmental Studies: From Crisis to Cure' written by R. Rajagopalan and published by Oxford University Press.
Book Author: R. Rajagopalan
Book Format: Paperback
Number Of Pages: 272
- Ease of Reading
- Exam Relavance
- Coverage of UPSC Syllabus
- Language and Presentation
- Paper Quality
Paryavaran Evam Paristhitiki is the Hindi version of the best-selling book ‘Environmental Studies: From Crisis to Cure’ written by R. Rajagopalan and published by Oxford University Press. This book is a boon for the Hindi medium aspirants to cover Ecology and Environment section, where quality materials are less.