High school student resume objective examples
Having little work experience shouldn't deter you from making a work objective. Use this section to help highlight the skills that make you unique.
There's plenty of competition for jobs for high school students, so you want to make sure you stand out from the crowd. A resume objective can help. Just like landlines and print maps, resume objectives may seem old fashioned—career summaries are more common nowadays—but they can come in handy in certain cases and may help your student resume stand out from fellow job applicants.
Sample retail position objectives
If you are looking to apply for a part-time position at a retail store, use the following objective examples as a guide to help you create one that works for you.
- Reliable, mature, and creative high school junior seeking a part-time retail sales associate position with a growing clothing company to gain experience and insight into the fashion industry for a future career in fashion and design.
- Mature and reliable high school senior looking for a part-time retail position with a desire to learn as much as possible about customer service and management for a future career in retail management.
- Reliable, respectful, and mature high school senior seeking a challenging position as a customer service representative in a local store setting.
Sample food services position objective
Most high school students tend to apply for a food services position. Stand out from the other high school students by adding a resume objective to your food services application. The following are a few examples of resumes objectives for high school students.
- Seeking a server position where I can use my exceptional customer service skills to enhance and elevate the customer's dining experience.
- Responsible and reliable high school senior seeking a cashier position at a popular, local restaurant.
- Reliable high school junior seeking a busboy position in a busy, but inviting restaurant atmosphere.
- High school senior seeking cashier position where I can use my exceptional mathematics and customer service skills to best serve the customer.
Sample lifeguard position objective
If you are looking to apply for a lifeguard position, your resume objective should mention any and all certifications you have received. Here are some examples of what to include.
- Hardworking high school senior seeking a lifeguard position. I am CPR-certified and hope to put my years of competitive swimming experience to good use.
- Responsible high school student seeking junior lifeguard position where I can become properly certified and learn what it takes to become a senior lifeguard.
104 Newstart Ave
Tanksville NSW 2300
M: 0400 123 123
Dear Sir or Madam
Re: Bookshop Assistant Position
I would like to apply for the bookshop assistant position with Global Books.
I am a high school student with extensive experience in customer service. I am eager to continue delivering excellent service and developing my skills with Global Books, particularly due to my love of travel literature.
I have developed strong interpersonal skills as a result of over three years of experience in customer service roles. In my current role, I provide CopyJet customers with accurate information about the print and copy department’s products and services, demonstrating my strong verbal communication skills and professionalism. I have also demonstrated exceptional organisational skills in this position, managing all paperwork in my department and keeping orders on track for delivery. My sound time management skills are further evident in my ability to juggle full-time study and part-time work.
I am always eager to seek new responsibilities and learn new skills in the workplace. I am self-motivated and enjoy taking initiative to achieve better results for the business. I also enjoy a challenge, and am keen to use my skills and experience at Global Books.
I would love the opportunity to discuss my application with you in further detail, and look forward to hearing from you.